- 10 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9 baking dish.
- Mix together the apples, cranberries, sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, half of the cinnamon, nutmeg and half of the salt in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- To make the topping, add the remaining flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse a couple of times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Evenly distribute the mixture over the fruit filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the apples are tender, the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tip: Apples that are delicious for baking include Braeburn, Fuji, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious. If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw and add an additional 1 tablespoon of flour to the filling mixture.