- 15 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
Check out this classic recipe for chicken schnitzel. Panko bread crumbs, parsley and lemon combine to create an unforgettable flavor. Get the recipe!
- Trim excess fat from each chicken breast, then butterfly each chicken breast (lay the chicken breast flat on a cutting board, and hold your knife parallel to the cutting board. Cut the breasts in half, dividing a top half from a bottom half.)
- Working one at a time, lay a butterflied chicken breast between to sheets of plastic film. Using a mallet or large, heavy bottomed pan, beat the chicken until 1/4” thick. Repeat with all butterflied chicken breasts.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, and thoroughly whisk again to combine.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, and 1/4 tsp. garlic power in a separate large bowl.
- Dip each pounded chicken breast first into the bowl of whisked eggs, coating the entire piece of chicken.
- Immediately dip the chicken into the panko bread crumb mixture. Press the chicken into the breadcrumbs to make them stick. Repeat for all chicken. Set breaded chicken aside on a large platter until ready to cook.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of oil, and wait for it to come up to heat. To test, drop a couple of bread crumbs into the oil. If they sizzle immediately, it’s ready.
- Fry each chicken breast about 2-3 minutes per side, until deeply browned. Add additional oil as needed.
- Garnish with freshly squeezed lemon and parsley, and an additional pinch of salt.