- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- Core the center of each apple half, leaving a hole about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ inches in diameter.
- Place the apples in a baking dish, cut side up, and bake in a 400-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes. You want the apples to end up a little bit soft.
- Meanwhile, place the caramels in a saucepan along with the milk and cook the caramels over low heat, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until they are melted and smooth.
- Remove the apples from the oven and add the caramel sauce to each hole. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top with 5 to 6 chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven to melt the chocolate a bit. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt and top with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with a bit more cinnamon.