- 1 hour
- 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Marinate chicken breast with 1/4 lemon juice and olive oil for 1 -3 hours.
- Heat oil in skillet. Dredge chicken breast in flour and brown on both sides. (3 to 5 minutes each side)
- Place flour coated chicken in 9 x 13 baking dish. Place a lemon slice on top of each chicken breast. Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, heat skillet, add butter until melted. Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms are brown and have exuded their juices, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and blend. Add the chicken broth, stirring to make a medium thick sauce. Allow to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh parsley at the last minute. Spoon the sauce over the lemon baked chicken breasts.