- 1 hour
- 40 minutes
This quick meal offers so many different flavors that you wouldn't even know it's low fat! Busy weeknight? This is the perfect meal you can make ahead and freeze for the family.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Marinate chicken breast with 1/4 lemon juice and olive oil for 1 -3 hours.
- Heat oil in skillet. Dredge chicken breast in flour and brown on both sides. (3 to 5 minutes each side)
- Place flour coated chicken in 9 x 13 baking dish. Place a lemon slice on top of each chicken breast. Bake in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, heat skillet, add butter until melted. Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms are brown and have exuded their juices, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and blend. Add the chicken broth, stirring to make a medium thick sauce. Allow to reduce, adjusting with a little more broth to make a creamy sauce. Add fresh parsley at the last minute. Spoon the sauce over the lemon baked chicken breasts.