- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
Everybody loves macaroni and cheese, and this extra-special version is sure to please your entire family.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Gradually stir in the flour until it's a smooth, thick paste.
- Slowly add the milk (small amounts at a time), whisking constantly until it's smooth. Once it begins to thicken, add in the cheese and stir continually until it's smooth and creamy. Mix in the mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese mixture to the bowl of macaroni and stir until it's well-coated.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish and transfer the macaroni and cheese to it.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, then add in the breadcrumbs and parsley and mix until coated. Spread the breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 30 minutes (until the breadcrumbs are brown).