- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
A family dinner favorite that easily stores in the refrigerator for quick and easy leftovers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill stock pot with three quarts of water. Bring water to a boil at high heat.
Chop up celery and dice onions and bell peppers.
Combine ground beef and chopped vegetables in large skillet. Cook at medium heat until meat is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally.
Stir tomato sauce and spices into the meat and vegetable mixture. Simmer at low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Once pasta is tender, drain and set aside.
In a large oven safe casserole dish or bowl, spread out a layer of noodles, then a layer of sauce and finally a layer of cheese. Repeat each layer once more in the same order.
- Place dish in oven and cook 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling throughout the middle.
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve.