- 20 minutes
- 65 minutes
This recipe is a a grand addition to any holiday feast and its a mash up of two amazing comfort foods. Enjoy!!!
- Preheat oven to 350Â° and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, 1 egg and egg yolk and mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, stir together remaining egg, cream cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons each flour and sugar.
- Transfer half the batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.