- 40 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line the bottoms of two 8 inch round pans with parchment. Grease the parchment and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, vinegar and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to mix until the mixture is pale in color. Add the eggs, one at a time -- waiting until the last one is fully integrated before adding the next. Continue to mix for five additional minutes.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Fold half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by half of the milk mixture, the remainder of the flour mixture, the remainder of the milk mixture and one cup of bananas. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in middle of cake. Cool completely on cake rack.
- Using a clean bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining banana and mix until fully integrated. Slowly add the confectioner's sugar and mix until the frosting is fluffy, approximately 10 minutes.
- To assemble, frost top of one of the cakes with one cup of frosting. Place second cake on top and frost entire stack with remaining frosting, Press chopped walnuts into side of cake.