- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
A summertime family classic filled with sweet pudding, bananas and vanilla wafers. A perfect way to end any meal!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate 3 eggs and set egg whites aside. In medium saucepan combine egg yolks, 1/2 c. sugar, flour and milk. Cook over medium heat whisking regularly until thickened. Add vanilla and remove from heat once thick.
- Cover the bottom of a 24" round deep baking dish with the custard. Next add a layer of vanilla wafers and then a layer of bananas. Spread 1/2 of custard on top of bananas. Repeat layer ending with custard on top. Add vanilla wafers around rim of baking dish.
- With an electric mixer begin beating egg whites. Gradually add 6 Tbs. of sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks appear. Add meringue on top of final layer of custard.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until meringue begins to lightly brown.