- 15 minutes
- 2 hours 15 minutes freeze time
Enjoy all of the deliciousness of banana splits without the mess with these banana split pops. Propped up on popsicle sticks, these pops are an easy and fun dessert for both kids and adults to enjoy.
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel each banana, cut in half and cut the ends off to level the tips. Insert a popsicle stick into each banana half and place on prepared baking pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 2 hours.
- In a double boiler, over medium to low heat, stir together the chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, and heavy cream. Once the chocolate starts to melt, turn off the heat and stir occasionally with a spoon. Add a few more drops of heavy cream if needed to make it smooth.
- Pour the rainbow sprinkles into a small bowl. Dip the top of each frozen banana into melted chocolate gananche and shake off any excess chocolate. (If dipping in peanut butter do that first, then let set in the freezer 10 minutes before dipping into chocolate) While the chocolate is still wet, roll into the sprinkles and place back onto the prepared sheet pan. Dip all of the banana halves and then place into the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Top each with whipped cream, chopped pecans, and garnish with a maraschino cherry. Enjoy immediately.