- 40 minutes
- 35 minutes
These basketball hoop cupcakes are bound to be a slam dunk at your March Madness party with yellow cupcakes coated with vanilla frosting, and topped with a sugar cookie and chocolate candy melts.
- Make cupcakes according to package directions.
- While cupcakes are cooling, mix orange food coloring with icing to get your desired color. Spread on cupcakes.
- Use black icing to create basketball lines.
- Mold refrigerated cookie dough into square shape and cut into 1/2" slices. Slide lollipop stick in and cook according to package directions. After the cookies come out of the oven and while they are still warm, you can use a sharp knife to push the sides to make a square shape if the cookies spread a little while baking. Let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in the microwave according to package directions. Fill your mold and set in refrigerator to harden. After 30 minutes turn the mold inside out to get your chocolate candies out. Cut candies in half so one side of the chocolate is flat.
- Using icing as "glue" add the chocolate piece to the bottom of the square.
- Outline square cookie in red writing icing and add a little square above the chocolate piece to form the backboard.
- Once the icing has hardened and the chocolate piece is secure add the cookie to the cupcake.