- 15 minutes
- 12 minutes
Get festive for March Madness with these basketball whoopie pies that are quick and easy to make, and are a fun and delicious dessert for everyone.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add shortening, eggs, and sugar to a large bowl and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, milk and vanilla and mix until dough forms.
- Add in orange food coloring until you get your desired color.
- Drop by spoonful onto an non-greased baking pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and cool on a wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, add frosting to 12 cookies and top with the second half of cookies.
- Make the basketball lines using the black icing writer.