- 15 Minutes
- 1 Hour
Want to know how to make meatloaf on the grill? Try this simple recipe that includes barbecue sauce for a flavorful way to cook meatloaf this summer.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and prepare one section of your grill for low indirect heat.
- Using a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, white onion, carrot, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, dried thyme, kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Dip a paper towel into canola oil and wipe your grill grates.
- To place your meatloaf on to the grill, invert the loaf pan on the grill over medium heat and do not remove the loaf pan.
- Grill until it’s sizzling and has grill marks, about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Now remove loaf pan, carefully turn meatloaf and grill for 5 minutes per side until there are grill marks on each side.
- Transfer the meatloaf to indirect heat grilling area, close grill and cook for 30-40 minutes while turning every 10 – 15 minutes or it reaches an internal temperature of 160º F.
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, honey and hot sauce. Brush meatloaf with glaze during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from grill, let sit for 10 minutes, slice and serve with extra glaze on the side.