- 15 minutes
- 33 minutes (plus cooling time)
This savory pie brings the cozy, welcoming atmosphere of a traditional British pub to your table! The hearty filling combines a beer-infused sauce, sirloin steak and vegetables, which are baked to golden perfection under a prepared pie crust. Homey and delicious, this hearty main dish comes together in less than an hour — it’s the perfect dish for busy spring nights!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whisk the beer and cornstarch together in a medium bowl until combined and no lumps remain.
- Toss the steak and flour together in a medium bowl until coated. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Add the onions and garlic powder and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in the beer mixture and cook until the sauce thickens, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetables and mustard.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9-inch casserole dish. Top the dish with the pie crust and trim off the excess with a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Brush the pie crust with the egg. Bake until the crust is crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Tip: Feel free to substitute an IPA, stout or pale ale for the lager!