- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
Crispy fried chicken made with a craft beer batter will be a huge hit for a party appetizer or summer lunch.
- Add all of the ingredients for dredging bowl one and mix together.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for dredging bowl two.
- Pat dry the chicken pieces with paper towels.
- Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour and seasonings. Shake off any excess flour and dip the chicken pieces into the beer, flour, and egg mixture. Repeat this process twice so the chicken is nicely coated.
- Add enough canola or vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet so the chicken will be partially submerged. Heat the oil to about 360 degrees F. Use a digital thermometer to check the temperature.
- Use tongs to gently place the chicken in the oil, working in batches, a few pieces at a time. Fry the chicken and turn occasionally, maintaining 360 degrees F at all times. Cook until cooked all the way through, about 15-20 minutes. Chicken is done when it registers 160 degrees F.
- Let drain on a half sheet pan lined with paper towels. Enjoy immediately.