- 15 minutes
Show off your grilling skills with this beer can chicken recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
- Fill half of the grill with coals. Turn burners to high and then, when ready to cook, turn off the burner on the side where you will place the chicken.
- Get rid of the neck and giblets of the chicken. Run the chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, mix all the spices then brush the dry rub to the chicken, inside and out.
- Place the beer can on a flat surface. Holding a leg in each hand, slide the chicken cavity down over the beer can. Slowly place the chicken on the cool side of the grill. Be sure to position it upright using the legs as support and its back facing the flames.
- Cover the grill and cook for roughly 1 1/4 hours, until the breast meat reads 165 degrees on a thermometer or the chicken legs are loose.. For added taste, coat the chicken with barbecue sauce twice during the final half-hour Allow the chicken to cool, then remove the can and carve.