- 20 minutes
Combine a delicious amber ale with the creaminess of mac and cheese, then top it off with bacon crumbs for a hearty dish that everyone will enjoy.
- Follow the package directions to cook macaroni.
- While the macaroni is cooking, heat butter over medium-high heat in a Dutch over. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Mix in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth; Slowly whisk in the milk, beer and cream. Allow the mixture to reach a boil, then cook and stir until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat. Combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, fontina cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese until melted. Add chives.
- Drain macaroni and mix into the sauce. Pour sauce and macaroni into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Use the remaining cheddar and Parmesan cheeses to sprinkle the top of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and bake the macaroni dish for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cover the dish with crumbled bacon. Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before serving.