- 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 hours
- 6 to 8 servings
Fresh berries combine with creamy cheesecake for this luscious dessert.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook the berries until they are soft and the juices come out. Press them through a small food mill or a fine mesh strainer. (I usually put them through the food mill first, then the fine mesh strainer, to eliminate all the seeds) Put the berry juices back into the pot and bring to a boil. Add the packet of Jell-0 and whisk in for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. (This fruit mixture will be slightly thickened.)
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers and vanilla cookies until they are fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a large bowl. Mix in the sugar and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about 2-3 inches up the sides, of a 9 to 9 1/2-inch springform cheesecake pan.
- In a large bowl, using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and combine. Add in the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and lemon juice and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the crumb crust. Use a rubber spatula to scrape all of the batter out of the bowl.
- Spoon the cooled fruit Jell-o mixture over the unbaked cheesecake. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the fruit mixture into the cheesecake.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Turn off the oven after that hour. DO NOT open the oven. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Take out of the oven and let cool completely on a baking rack. Remove from the pan once cooled and refrigerate for several hours before serving.