- 10 minutes
- 55 minutes
This Pecan Pie recipe has 2 ingredients that I don't think are normally called for in most Pecan Pie recipes .... and that is the browned butter and the lemon juice. The pie is especially good served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some nice fresh whipped cream. Even people who don't normally like pecan pie have given me praises for a pie made with this recipe.
- Place a cookie sheet on the lower rack just below the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 425. And remove pie shell from freezer.
- In a skillet, melt the butter until it is golden brown. Set aside to let cool.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Stir by hand until mixed well.
- Fold in the pecan pieces and the cooled, melted butter. Continue to fold until melted butter is completely combined with the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Place filled pie shell into preheated oven on rack above cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 425.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes. You may want to protect the crust around the edge with a pie ring or some aluminum foil so that the edge does not get too done.
- Remove pie from oven when set and let it cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.