- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Defrost frozen black-eyed peas in a large bowl.
- Fry bacon in a hot skillet until very crispy. Do not discard bacon grease.
- Chop bacon into fine pieces and place back into skillet. Add defrosted peas, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until peas are hot. While peas are cooking, finely chopped onion and set aside.
- Once peas are cooked, spoon into small bowls, top with small dollop of mayo. Duke's has a creamy texture that pairs really well with the peas and onions. Top it with a generous helping of chopped onion and serve.