- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
This blackberry infused grilled cheese may become your favorite upgrade to this lunchtime classic.
- Heat a sauce pot on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onions, season with salt and pepper. Sauté until they become soft and brown. Continue cooking on medium heat (about 8 minutes).
- In the same sauce pot with onions; add balsamic vinegar and blackberries. Crush berries with a fork then reduce to about half, stirring frequently with the browned onions to blend flavors together. Remove and let cool.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauce pan on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sear chicken breast on both sides until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat a clean large skillet or a Panini press over medium heat.
- Begin to assemble sandwiches by laying a slice of provolone cheese on one bread slice and a slice of Muenster cheese on the other slice of bread. Add a layer of blackberries, top with fresh basil, cooked chicken breast and top with the other slice of bread and cheese.
- Brush Olive oil on the skillet or Panini Press and place sandwich on the surface. Press sandwiches onto the heated surfaces slowly so bread becomes golden and the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, slice sandwich and serve immediately with a Nature’s Place Organic spring mix salad.