- 15 minutes
What’s better than a BLT sandwich at lunchtime? After all, it’s something the entire family loves. Plus, there are multiple ways to make it special – adding cheese, topping with avocado and so on. How else can you get creative with a BLT? This skewer recipe, of course! You can even make this dish a fun activity by letting your little ones skewer their own BLT ingredients.
- Cut each slice of the toasted bread into six equal pieces.
- Cut each slice of the bacon into four pieces.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into 2-inch chunks.
- Dice the avocado into eight pieces.
- Skewer one piece of the bread onto each of the eight skewers. Add a piece of the bacon, a lettuce stack, a piece of the avocado, a piece of cheese and a cherry tomato half. Follow with another slice of the bread, a piece of the bacon, a lettuce stack, a piece of the avocado and a cherry tomato half. Finish each skewer with a piece of the bread and a pickle chip.
- Serve the skewers with the roasted garlic sauce for dipping.
- Recipe Tip: Cut each slice into four equal pieces if using a standard square loaf of bread.