- 35 minutes
- 3 hours
Take sausage/ham/genoa and place in kettle with one cup of water (or more to cover). Add minced garlic and minced onions-place on high heat
- Cut fresh tomatoes into quarters, removing tops but leaving skin on.
- Cut yellow onion into chunks. Add to pot and reduce heat to med high. Add can of tomatoes/basil/oregeno and sprinkle of nutmeg.
- In oven-safe pan, place ground Italian sausage and broil with water covering meat for 20 minutes. Remove, flip over, and broil for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and cut into chunks, then add to pot.
- Cook on simmer for two hours partially covered (lid not tight to allow steam/aroma escapes), adding water IF NEEDED.
- After two hours, add noodles and cook until noodles are tender. Serve with salad and Italian bread.