- 2 hours
- 8 hours
- 1 gallon of peanuts
The perfect tailgating pair is an ice cold beer and salty boiled peanuts, seasoned with cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and onion powder for an extra kick.
- After allowing peanuts to soak, place in a 3 quart crock pot.
- Fill the crock pot with water so as to cover the peanuts and cook on high for 4 hours
- Add salt, red pepper flakes, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder to the crockpot. Add more water if needed so that the peanuts are still covered.
- Cook for 4 more hours on high
- Turn off crock pot and let the peanuts soak for up to 2 hours. As they soak, they will get saltier and spicier, so taste one or two as they soak until they reach desired flavor.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the peanuts to a gallon size ziploc.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.