- 20 minutes
Grill up a couple of racks of tender baby back ribs coated in a quick and easy home-made bourbon barbecue sauce.
- Make the Sauce: Add onion, garlic and bourbon in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Boil for roughly 8-10 minutes or until the onion is clear. Combine the rest of the sauce ingredients and wait for it to boil. Turn down the heat and allow it to simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes. Blend the sauce to make it smooth and even. It is ready for immediate use or can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and rub down both sides of the ribs with seasoning.
- Lay the ribs bone side down in a 9 x 13 baking sheet pan. Pour a mixture of 2 cups water and 1 teaspoon liquid smoke over the ribs.
- Use aluminum foil to securely cover the pan and put it in the oven for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Loosen the foil and allow the ribs to cool for 30 minutes. Drain the liquid, remove the ribs and wrap them before storing them in the refrigerator until the grill is prepared.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill the ribs for 5 minutes and then flip to the other side.
- Coat the ribs in the BBQ sauce and allow to grill for another 3-4 minutes. Flip the ribs again and coat the BBQ sauce.
- Grill the ribs for 2-3 minutes more and then turn off heat.
- Allow the ribs to cool for 3-5 minutes and serve.