- 15 minutes
- 35 minutes
This fancy take on a classic comfort food makes for a delicious and easy dinner for two!
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground pork, beef, parsley, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, onion powder, salt, and black pepper, with your fingers to combine well. Shape into medium/large size meatballs and set on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the prepared meatballs in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic. Place on 2 sheets of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Close up the aluminum foil and bake in the oven with the meatballs. About 30 minutes, or until soft. Let cool before handling.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the beef broth, red wine, and tomato paste, making sure to remove any lumps. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Let bubble and thicken slightly. Stirring occasionally for about 5-10 minutes. Lower the temperature to low and add the meatballs. Let the meatballs simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, prepare your mashed potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes, and place in a pot of cold water, seasoned well with salt. Cook until the potatoes are soft. Drain the pot.
- Place the drained potatoes back into the pot, add the butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and mash with potato masher or electric hand mixer. Add more heavy cream if needed. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skins and into your potatoes. Stir with a spoon to smash a little and combine. Top the potatoes with gravy and meatballs. Serve immediately.