- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
This pot pie highlights that beloved trio: broccoli, cheese, and cauliflower. This jam-packed cheesy-veggie sensation makes a tummy-pleasing lunch and is full of flavorful fun.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and the flour. Whisk constantly until it boils. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue whisking until the sauce thickensâwatch closely as it enjoys burning.
- Once the sauce has thickened, gradually add the cheddar (approximately 1/4 cup at a time). Stir the cheese until it's thoroughly melted, then add the onion powder, the salt, and the pepper. Remove from heat.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower in half-cup increments, and stir until coated.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Pour the vegetable/cheese mixture into the pan. Place the second pie crust on top; crimp the edges. If desired, egg wash the top of the crust. Cut a few slits in the top to let steam escape.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.