- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 6 to 8
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Slowly whisk in the flour. Then slowly add the milk and the half-and-half. Bring to a boil.
- Add in broccoli and continue cooking over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar.
- Place the mixture into a 9x9-inch baking dish. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread and 1 tablespoon butter until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar on top and return to the oven for another 5 to 6 minutes at 400 degrees.