- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- Makes 4 burgers.
What better way to start the day than with a breakfast burger? Hash browns, eggs, bacon, and cheese all come together in a grand and glorious combination that's sure to please.
- To assemble the breakfast burgers:
- Start with the bottom halves of the English muffins.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread some on each muffin.
- Add a slice of tomato to each.
- Add a hot, cooked hamburger patty.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add hot, cooked hash browns. (It's easiest to use a 2-inch cookie cutter to shape the hash browns before adding them to the burgers; it helps to keep the size and shape similar.)
- Add a little salt and pepper over the hash browns.
- Add the hot, cooked bacon.
- Top with a freshly fried egg (I like leaving the egg yolk a bit runny but you don't have to).
- Add a little ketchup on top of the egg, if desired.
- Add a bit of basil, if desired.
- Lastly, place the top half of the English muffin over everything.
- Serve while still warm.