- 3 hours
- 20 minutes
Who doesn't love homemade pizza for breakfast? Make your own dough or use store bought pizza dough. Then add your favorite toppings like sweet sausage, vegetables, cheese and eggs. The dough recipe below will make enough for two pizzas.
- Rinse a large mixing bowl with hot water to warm it up. In a large mixing bowl, using a dough hook add the lukewarm water, yeast, warm milk and honey. Stir with a spoon to combine. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, olive oil, mined garlic, flour, salt and combine. Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula. This dough will be slightly sticky.
- Lightly flour a work surface and dump the dough out. Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes. Creating a smooth dough. Place the dough back into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in a warm area of the kitchen for about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Cut in half. Roll out with a rolling pin, into a round. Place the round into a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Roll over the edges to form a crust. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F.
- Brush the edges only of the pizza dough with an egg wash. Top with shredded cheese, uncooked sweet sausage, sliced sweet bell peppers, and heirloom tomato slices. Crack 3 eggs on top of the pizza. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.