- 3 hours
- 20 minutes
- Rinse a large mixing bowl with hot water to warm it up. In a large mixing bowl, using a dough hook add the lukewarm water, yeast, warm milk and honey. Stir with a spoon to combine. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, olive oil, mined garlic, flour, salt and combine. Scrape the bottom and the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula. This dough will be slightly sticky.
- Lightly flour a work surface and dump the dough out. Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes. Creating a smooth dough. Place the dough back into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in a warm area of the kitchen for about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Cut in half. Roll out with a rolling pin, into a round. Place the round into a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Roll over the edges to form a crust. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F.
- Brush the edges only of the pizza dough with an egg wash. Top with shredded cheese, uncooked sweet sausage, sliced sweet bell peppers, and heirloom tomato slices. Crack 3 eggs on top of the pizza. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.