- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 8 tacos
Make a vegetarian dish for breakfast that your family will think is pretty egg-cellent. Filled with plant-based breakfast patties, eggs, veggies and seasonings, this recipe is filling, savory and flavorful. Want to make this breakfast taco totally plant-based? Skip the eggs and fill with extra vegetables instead. You will also want to substitute the butter for additional olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and crispy on the outside. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the breakfast patties over medium heat in the same skillet for 10-12 minutes until cooked through and browned. Remove from the skillet and dice.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Scramble the seasoned eggs for 4-5 minutes until they begin to set.
- Layer the tortillas with the potatoes, breakfast patties and scrambled eggs. Top with the diced tomato and avocado. Enjoy immediately.