- 20 minutes
- 1 hour (plus cooling time)
- Place one stick of the butter into a saucepan set over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and swirl until the butter foams. Continue cooking the butter, swirling the pan frequently, until the butter takes on a golden, nutty color and aroma, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a heat-proof bowl. Refrigerate until solid, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously butter and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the sugar, brown sugar, remaining stick of butter and reserved brown butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, 5-6 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the condensed milk, sour cream and vanilla to the egg mixture and beat until combined; the mixture may look slightly curdled, which is normal. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning upside down to remove the cake from the pan. Let cool at least 30 minutes before glazing.
- Make the glaze by whisking together all the ingredients until smooth. Spoon over the cake and serve.
Recipe Tip: Change the glaze to suit your taste by substituting any citrus you prefer!