- 8 Minutes
- 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
A hearty southern tradition, served with hot sauce and saltine crackers.
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Once melted and foamy, add the garlic and onions and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, cayenne, smoked pork, corn, Lima beans, and a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook over medium-low until stew thickens, about 1-1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with hot sauce and saltine crackers.