- 40 minutes
- 45 minutes
Surprise your guests with the sweet addition of butternut squash to mac n' cheese for a side dish everyone will be raving about.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add milk, nutmeg, and butternut squash to a pot and simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Blend mixture until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Add cheese while on low-medium heat. Stir until melted.
- Combine cheese/squash mixture with cooked noodles. Add to 9” x 13” dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and cook for 45 minutes.