- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
This decadent dessert will tickle your taste buds. Cake pops form the base of this cake, while chocolate chips, marshmallows and hazelnut spread are layered on top. Baked to perfection and oozing with yumminess, I bet you can't eat just one piece!
- Crumble cake layer into a medium sized bowl.
- Add icing to crumbled cake and mix with your hands until balls can be formed. (If mixture is too sticky you can grease or wet your hands.)
- Roll mixture into 1in. balls and place them in an 8"x8" greased glass baking dish.
- Stick the balls (cake pops) in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate chips.
- Melt chocolate chips and the vegetable shortening in a double boiler over low heat. (If you do not have a double boiler you can put some water in a small pot and place a larger pot on top of it.)
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the cake pops.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top of the cake pops.
- Microwave hazlenut spread for just a few seconds to help it become easier to spread. (Make sure it is in a microwave safe container, not the jar it comes in.) Be careful not to overheat the spread or it will harden!
- Drizzle hazelnut spread on top of the cake pops.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the marshmallows are melted and slightly browned. (about 10 minutes)
- Let Cake Pop Surprise cool for a few minutes then serve while it is still warm!