- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Crumble cake layer into a medium sized bowl.
- Add icing to crumbled cake and mix with your hands until balls can be formed. (If mixture is too sticky you can grease or wet your hands.)
- Roll mixture into 1in. balls and place them in an 8"x8" greased glass baking dish.
- Stick the balls (cake pops) in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate chips.
- Melt chocolate chips and the vegetable shortening in a double boiler over low heat. (If you do not have a double boiler you can put some water in a small pot and place a larger pot on top of it.)
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the cake pops.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top of the cake pops.
- Microwave hazlenut spread for just a few seconds to help it become easier to spread. (Make sure it is in a microwave safe container, not the jar it comes in.) Be careful not to overheat the spread or it will harden!
- Drizzle hazelnut spread on top of the cake pops.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the marshmallows are melted and slightly browned. (about 10 minutes)
- Let Cake Pop Surprise cool for a few minutes then serve while it is still warm!