- 20 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- Makes 24 skewers
Fresh tomato, basil, mozzarella and balsamic – the key ingredients for a delicious caprese salad. If you love that tasty flavor combination, then these Caprese Meatball Skewers may be your new favorite appetizer or snack. With the addition of Italian sausage meatballs and a creamy balsamic dipping sauce, this recipe is zesty, hearty and easy to make. Want to make it even easier? Feel free to substitute the homemade meatballs for frozen to save some time.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the sausage, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl just until combined. Shape into tablespoon-sized meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Assemble the skewers. Begin with the meatball, then the mozzarella ball, the basil leaf and finally the cherry tomato. Fold larger basil leaves over to skewer.
- Whisk together the balsamic dressing and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Serve with the skewers.