- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 2 generous servings
Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil are stunning sidekicks for the star of this dish: the steak!
- Season the steaks to your liking with the salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and place the steaks in the skillet.
- Cook the steaks to your desired level of doneness, approximately 5 minutes per side (use a meat thermometer to check for doneness).
- Place two slices of mozzarella on each steak. Season the tomato slices with salt and pepper, then place a slice of tomato on top of each slice of mozzarella.
- Pop the skillet in the broiler for just long enough to lightly melt the cheese. Remove from the oven and plate the steaks. Place a basil leaf on top of each tomato (2 per steak).
- Spoon the buttery pan drippings over the basil leaves, and then spoon a teaspoon of the herb-and-garlic soft cheese on top of the basil, then serve.