- 10 minutes
- 19 minutes
- Mix the brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, and salt into a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it thickens.
- Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Turn off the heat, cool slightly, and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cool.
- Peel and slice apples. Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add apples and lemon juice.
- Add brown sugar and spices and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water and pour over apple mixture. Cover with lid and simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Cut puff pastry in half. Score a 1 inch border around each rectangle using a paring knife. Poke the center with a fork repeatedly to keep the center from rising. 10. Bake on parchment lined baking sheet at 400˚ for 12 minutes. Press center down leaving puffed edges. Fill with apple mixture. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.