- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
Forget takeout! This gently sweet dish is made with tender stir-fried chicken, mushrooms, peppers, ginger, water chestnuts and, of course, cashews. It will delight your taste buds any night of the week, even date night!
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, broth and soy sauce until smooth and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or wok and stir fry the chicken until it is no longer pink. Wrap the chicken in foil, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms, red or green pepper and ginger in remaining oil and cook about 5 minutes until pepper is tender but not too soft.
- Add in the chicken, water chestnuts, cashews and broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the green onions and serve over rice.