- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
This cast iron chicken dish is a hearty dinner perfect for the whole family with a butterflied chicken rubbed in a brown sugar bourbon seasoning on top of warm lemon and onion slices.
- Simply give the pan a good brushing of a few tablespoons of either extra virgin olive oil or canola oil. Then layer 2 large lemons, sliced thick in the bottom of the pan, along with a large onion, sliced.
- Ask your butcher to butterfly the chicken, so it will lay fairly flat in the pan. Place the butterflied chicken on top of the lemon and onion slices.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and drizzle along with 4 tablespoons or so of extra virgin olive oil over the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and 1 teaspoon of McCormick "Grill Mates" brown sugar bourbon seasoning over top the chicken.
- Cook in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes. Then take out and pour the wine around the chicken.
- Place the pan back in the oven for about another 15-20 minutes. Or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. This chicken is super moist and pairs well with a glass of white wine. Try it served over rice pilaf and seasonal vegetables.