- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
Trying to eat less wheat? Try this noodle-less baked ziti that calls on cauliflower to stand in the stead of traditional pasta. Youâ ll get your fill of veggies and cut out the processed carbs, too.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add cauliflower. Cook for five minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In a separate pot, heat oil on medium until it shimmers and add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for five minutes or until translucent, then add garlic and saute for two more minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil and salt. Simmer for ten minutes, stirring frequently, so flavors can meld and sauce can reduce.
- Add cauliflower and toss to coat.
- In a 12x9 casserole dish, spread half of the cauliflower in the pan and pour the yogurt on top. Add half of the parmesan and mozzarella, then top with remaining cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place in an oven heated to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, then top with fresh basil and pepper if desired and serve hot.