- 5 hours
- 35 minutes
- 50-60 cake balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk cake mix, champagne, oil, and egg at medium speed until smooth in a large bowl. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Follow package directions for the cake or bake about 30-35 minutes. Transfer from the oven and let the cake cool, then cut into squares.
- Crush the cake squares with your hands or a mixer and place in a large bowl. Add the frosting to the cake crumbles and use a whisk attachment or hand mixer until evenly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7. Line a baking tray with wax paper. Separate the cake mixture into tablespoon amounts and roll into small round balls. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Place the baking tray in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth. Stir in the vegetable oil.
- Remove the balls from the freezer. Drop balls one at a time into the melted chocolate, and toss to coat evenly. Use a fork to scoop out each ball and wipe any excess chocolate off. Place the balls back on the wax lined baking sheet. Allow them to harden completely.
- Mix the pearl dust and lemon extract in a tiny prep bowl and coat the balls. Add sprinkles if desired.