- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- Place the melted butter in the bottom of a 9x9-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and milk, then mix the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish and place on top of the butter. Spread to cover the bottom of the dish, but don't mix.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cherries, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Evenly pour the cherries into the baking dish over the batter. Don't mix- the batter will bake up over the cherries.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 60 minutes (9x13 dish). Watch closely to avoid burning.