- 15 minutes
- 1 hour
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, the orange juice, the maple syrup, and chipotle chili powder. Heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. Then set aside.
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry. Brush the beaten egg over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Press in the grated cheddar and Parmesan cheeses over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Slice the pastry into ½-inch strips. Fold each strip in half.
- Twist each strip into a spiral, pinching the ends. Repeat for all of the strips.
- Roll one slice of bacon around each twist.
- Place the twists on a wire rack in a 375-degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes (keep an eye on them).
- Baste the twists with the maple mixture prior to baking and again after 15 minutes of baking.
- When you remove them from the oven, quickly sprinkle them with a little brown sugar. Serve warm.