- 10 minutes
- 15 minutes
Traditions are what make the holidays special. There is also nothing wrong with changing up the traditions and welcoming new ones into our lives. We usually wake up to the smell of mom's cinnamon rolls, but this year, I'll be making a melt-in-your mouth cheesy biscuits and gravy casserole. This recipe will have you begging for more. It's a quick dish that you can make in minutes! These were demolished in fifteen minutes.
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Pop open the can of biscuits and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them according to the package or until lightly brown. While the biscuits are baking, prepare the sausage gravy.
- Add the butter and sausage to a skillet on medium-high heat. Break down the sausage with a spatula.
- Once the sausage is cooked and the butter is melted, add the flour to thicken up the mixture.
- Stir in the flour and cheese.
- Turn the heat to low and continue to stir until cheese is melted and the gravy has thickened.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and the gravy from the stove.
- Slice the biscuits in half and place six of the bottom halves in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top the biscuit halves with gravy.
- Top the first layer with another layer of biscuit halves and add gravy.
- Crumble the remaining biscuits on top of the casserole
- Top the crumbles with the remaining gravy. Sprinkle black pepper evenly over the casserole.
- The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it in advance. The biscuits will not get soggy. Simply reheat them in the microwave or oven! You can easily double this recipe if you are serving more than six. ENJOY!