- 15 Minutes
- 3 Minutes
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large pot to 350°F. Line a dish with paper towels and set aside.
- Pat the hot dogs dry with a paper towel. Roll a cheese slice around each hot dog and insert the wooden skewers. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the egg, honey and milk in a small bowl and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix to combine. Transfer the batter to a tall glass for dipping.
- Dip each hot dog skewer into the batter to evenly coat. Allow excess batter to drip back into the glass.
- Carefully fry the hot dogs in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, rotating for even cooking. Transfer to the paper towels to cool.
- Serve immediately with ketchup.
Recipe Tip: Store any leftover batter in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Skewer mini hot dogs or sausages with a toothpick, fry and remove the toothpick before serving."