- 10 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
Create a fun to eat meatball appetizer with these meatball subs on skewers. Use meatballs, bread sticks, and mozzarella cheese to complete this tasty app!
- Thaw the meatballs in the microwave for just long enough so that they’re soft enough to insert the wooden skewers.
- Open the can of bread sticks and separate the dough into twelve pieces.
- Insert a skewer into a bread stick, near the end, then add a meatball.
- Thread the bread stick dough back over the meatball. Add a second meatball.
- Thread the bread stick dough back over the second meatball, then add a third meatball and finish with the dough. The bread stick dough will be in a serpentine fashion around the meatballs.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a 375-degree oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until the bread sticks are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Return to the oven for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve with dipping sauces, including any and all of the following: ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, and marinara sauce.