- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
Fresh zucchini slices layered with a creamy cheese sauce and sprinkled with oregano is the perfect home-baked side to accompany any holiday dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add butter to a pot and melt over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and stir well with a wooden spoon. Slowly stir in milk and cook until sauce turns thick. Add cheese, stir, and cook until melted.
- Peel and slice zucchini. Add half the zucchini to a greased 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle oregano and add half the cheese sauce. Add remaining zucchini then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cheese starts to turn brown.