- 10 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the cherries, ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to high heat (450°F).
- Brush the chicken with the olive oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste the chicken breasts with the cherry barbecue sauce and cook an additional 1-2 minutes per side or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Garnish with the chopped chives.
Recipe Tip: Adding the barbecue sauce at the end will help to prevent the sugars in the sauce from burning."