- 20 Minutes
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 12 - 15
North Carolina's famous cherry soda works surprisingly well as cake flavoring. Try something new with this easy and sweet Bundt cake recipe today!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, shortening, and sugar. Combine on high speed for 6 minutes, until light and fluffy. (Scrape down the sides often.)
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt and the flour.
- To the wet ingredients, beat in half of the flour mixture, then half of the Cheerwine, then the remainder of the flour mixture, and the remainder of the Cheerwine.
- Mix in the vanilla and the almond extract.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- If you’d like the cake to have pink coloring, mix in a bit of red food coloring, a little at a time, to achieve the desired color. (Don’t add too much or you’ll end up with red cake.)
- This makes a thick, heavy batter. Spoon it into the prepared Bundt pan, the batter will nearly fill it. The cake doesn’t rise much while cooking, so it should be fine.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 90 minutes, but test prior to that. You don’t want to overcook it.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the pan.
- Turn the pan upside down on your serving platter and carefully remove the pan.
- Using a sifter, apply powdered sugar across the top of the entire cake.